Monday, January 15, 2007

Happy MLK Day

Hey all,

So the past couple of days have been pretty amazing. We are still doing orientation so we have been visiting the Praxis sites. We went to Tepecoyo, which is where I will be 2 days a week. The town is beautiful and we were there for the opening of their computer lab, where Amber and I will be teaching computer classes. Yesterday was a free day so some of us went to Suchitoto, a small town by a beautiful lake. We had lunch, had a couple beers, went for a tour of the lake. We went out to a beautiful island called Isla de los Parajos. There were thousands of birds, it was nuts! Dinner is calling, more stories later!

Adios

patricio

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guy,

Wow, sounds really lovely. I can almost picture it -- speaking of which, how about some photos? I'm curious: how's the community working out? We were wondering last night at dinner if you're running or working out, or if you even have time for that. Or if you had test-driven the hammock yet? Love ya, son...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! Kevin Yonkers-Talz sent us a photo of the whole group- it must have been just after you had those beers! Everyone else looks bright eyed, though. Just kidding. We are expecting to see at least one photo of you in that hammock. I started working on my book from my birthday and realized I don't have a decent picture with you. You are in my heart. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hola from Amber's Mom (in Berkeley, CA), and hello to your family, too. I'm enjoying your blog and wish you a wonderful time there!